[FOM] Weak foundations for cohomological number theory

Robert Solovay solovay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:57:45 EST 2011

Colin,

Mathias used "MacLane set theory" to refer to the theory you consider
(which he dubs ZBQC)  + "Every set is a member of a transitive set".

MacLane set theory is strictly stronger (proves more theorems)  than
ZBQC though they have the same proof-theoretic strength (are provably
equiconsistent in the metatheory PA).

By the way, I am not sure if you include foundation in your theory.
Mathias definitely includes it in ZBQC.

--Bob Solovay