[FOM] Book on the history of logic?

Staffan Angere Staffan.Angere at fil.lu.se
Mon Feb 14 17:47:35 EST 2011

Dear FOMers,

I'm planning to give a small course in the history of logic, with special focus on the 20th century. While I am planning to photocopy a selection of papers and hand out, it would be really useful to have a textbook as well. However, there seems to be very few modern textbooks in the history of logic. Kneale & Kneale, for instance, write fairly little on 20th century logic, and the other books I have found do it even less.

So, does anyone here have any tips? Or, if not a book, at least some lengthier expositions in article form?

Thanks in advance,
Staffan Angere
University of Lund