[FOM] Herb Enderton

George McNulty mcnulty at mailbox.sc.edu
Fri Oct 29 15:28:48 EDT 2010

I arrived in Berkeley as a first year graduate student in 1967.  It was
my good fortune that Herb Enderton was teaching the first year graduate
logic sequence that year. Enderton conducted the class with good cheer
and great clarity.  One measure of the merits of the class might be seen
in those who were my fellow students (at least as I recall it): Ron
Fagin, Bill Wadge, Len Sasso, Richard Ladner, John Baldwin, Steve
Givant,...with Julia Knight as our grader.

Over the ensuing decades I taught undergraduate logic and set theory
courses with the help of Enderton's books (always the prime choice).

Herb Enderton did us all proud.

George McNulty