[FOM] Reducibility and relative consistency

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Sat Dec 25 03:13:18 EST 2010

Dear John,

In your brilliant book Fixing Frege, you mention brifly (p. 53)
Friedman's (still?) unpublished result about the relation of
reducibility and relative consistency, "under mild hypotheses".

I wonder if it would be possible for you to state the result more exactly?
Or given some more specific pointers to the literature?

I am anxious to get this exactly right...

All the Best

Panu Raatikainen

Ph.D., Docent in Theoretical Philosophy

Department of Philosophy, History, Culture and Art Studies
P.O. Box 24  (Unioninkatu 38 A)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki

E-mail: panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi