[FOM] Global Choice

Ali Enayat ali.enayat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 21:36:00 EST 2010

This is a response to the December 17 posting of our esteemed
moderator, who has written:

>>I have received an email message inquiring about a rumor that a proof
>>had been announced on FOM that: ZFC + (a global choice function) is
>>a conservative extension of ZFC.

>>I don't recall any such thing, but enlightenment would be appreciated

There certainly was a discussion of the conservativity result mentioned above
back in April 2010; it happens to an old, well-known one from the early
days of forcing, so I am not sure what the "rumor" could be about.

I have not seen a more recent discussion. Here is my latest posting on
the subject.

http://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2010-April/014550.html

Regards,

Ali Enayat