[FOM] Gamma_0

T.Forster@dpmms.cam.ac.uk T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 13:33:53 EST 2010

As Nick says, there are indeed other issues, but my question did not
concern them, and was rather: can someone explain to me in what respect the
omega-sequence of gammas whose sup is gamma_0 is less predicative than the
sequence of iterates of lower gammas that one creates in order to obtain
later lower gammas? Specifically it is alleged that one needs the second
number class to be a set in order to prove the existence of worders of N of
length gamma_0. I would be grateful to anyone who can shed light on this
point.