[FOM] query regarding omega-completeness of ZFC for Th(L(R))

Paul Larson larsonpb at muohio.edu
Fri Dec 10 14:01:20 EST 2010

One way to see this is to consider the set R^#, which codes the theory of L(R) and is universally Baire in this context.
Constructing L(R)^V_kappa_1 and L(R)^V_kappa_2 using R^#, i.e., using kappa_1 or kappa_2 many indiscernibles, one gets elementarily equivalent structures.

A related point is discussed near the bottom of page 16 of the following expository paper: http://www.users.muohio.edu/larsonpb/omega_logic.pdf