[FOM] Who released Deolalikar's proof into the wild?

Alasdair Urquhart urquhart at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Aug 15 12:00:42 EDT 2010

Deolalikar sent his manuscript to 22 very distinguished
researchers.  Neither the manuscript nor the covering
note swore the recipients to secrecy, so the purported proof
was very rapidly disseminated.

Under these circumstances, I believe that Vinay
Deolalikar "released the purported proof into the wild."

Alasdair Urquhart