[FOM] FOM Threads On MOF

Jon Awbrey jawbrey at att.net
Wed Apr 28 22:06:40 EDT 2010

Olivier Gerard wrote:
> MathOverflow is a site used mostly by professional mathematicians
> to ask general questions, conundrums, argue technical points
> in a more permanent and organized manner than in newsgroups

Coincidentally (I'm guessing that's "incidentally" with the arrows reversed),
someone asked the question, "How platonistic is your attitude towards mathematics?" --

This was occasioned by an interview with Yuri Manin that was discussed at length
in the n-Category Cafe blog --

Sadly, that isn't the kind of question the MOF moderators are prepared to tolerate.

Jon Awbrey

inquiry list: http://stderr.org/pipermail/inquiry/
mwb: http://www.mywikibiz.com/Directory:Jon_Awbrey
knol: http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/3fkwvf69kridz/1