[FOM] Topological framework for priority methods

Andrej Bauer andrej.bauer at andrej.com
Fri Apr 23 12:20:05 EDT 2010

There have been several formulations of priority methods in terms of
"effective topology". I am currently trying to hunt down the
dissertation of Kyriakos Kontostathis (at Duke University) who has
apparently done some work on it. He has published two papers on the

Kyriakos Kontostathis
Mathematical Logic Quarterly
Volume 38 Issue 1, Pages 189 - 195

Topological Framework for Non-Priority
Kyriakos Kontostathis
Mathematical Logic Quarterly
Volume 37 Issue 31-32, Pages 495 - 500

These papers are locked down behind evil paywalls.

If anyone knows how I might contact the author (who has since vanished
from the face of the internet), or get hold of his dissertation,
please let me know. I would also like to know about other work done on
the topic of making the priority methods "topological" or
"measure-theoretic". I thank you for your help.

With kind regards,

Andrej Bauer