[FOM] Proofs in Computability Theories

Andrej Bauer andrej.bauer at andrej.com
Mon Sep 21 13:32:54 EDT 2009

The simplest satement in recursion theorem which I do not know how to
prove (purely) constructively is Post's theorem: if both a set and its
complement are c.e. then the set is decidable. As far as I can tell,
the proof requires Markov principle (or something slightly weaker).
Markov principle is a particular instance of the general classical
principle Reductio ad Absurdum (not not p implies p).

With kind regards,

Andrej