[FOM] Standard Language of Euclid

Ricky Pollack pollack at cims.nyu.edu
Sat Oct 3 21:01:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:16
PM,  <<mailto:joeshipman at aol.com>joeshipman at aol.com> wrote:
  > plane of order 12). Am I correct in surmising that there is no question
  > that can be stated in the language of elementary algebra and geometry
  > which is currently regarded as both open and interesting?

Look at many of the papers of Paul Erdos and many articles in
"Discrete & Computational Geometry" and you will find numerous
interesting problems (both solved and open) stated in the elementary
language of geometry.

Ricky Pollack
Professor Emeritus Mathematics
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences/NYU
Office: Room 522, Warren Weaver Hall (Courant
Phone (office): 212-998-3167
Phone (mobile): 646-734-0138
Fax: 212-995-4121
Mailing Address: 251 Mercer Street,