[FOM] Paris-Nancy PhilMath Workshop (P-NPMW), October 21-22, 2009, Nancy

Mark van Atten Mark.vanAtten at univ-paris1.fr
Mon May 11 06:38:15 EDT 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS

Paris-Nancy PhilMath Workshop (P-NPMW), October 21-22, 2009, Nancy

Next October (21--22) a workshop in the philosophy of mathematics will
be held at the University of Nancy 2. The provisional name of the
workshop is the Paris-Nancy PhilMath Workshop (P-NPMW). This is
envisioned as the first in a continuing, annual series of workshops
organized by a team of scholars from Paris, Nancy and elsewhere in
France. The two day meeting will feature both invited and contributed
talks. The invited speakers, who have confirmed their participation, are:

1. Harvey Friedman, Dept. of Mathematics, The Ohio State University
2. Volker Halbach, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Oxford
3. Michael Potter, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cambridge
4. Shahid Rahman, Dept. de Philosophie, Universite Lille 3
5. Stewart Shapiro, Dept. of Philosophy, The Ohio State University &
University of St Andrews
6. Hourya Sinaceur, Université Paris I/CNRS

There will be five contributed talks (Languages: English/French). We
encourage all interested persons to submit papers for presentation at
the workshop. Presentations should be no longer than 45 minutes, with a
30 Min period of discussion to follow each. We wish to make it clear
that younger scholars, including those working on their PhDs, are
particularly encouraged to submit papers. The workshop is intended to
provide an unusually rich opportunity for younger scholars to discuss
their work with experts from around the world. The deadline for
submission is July 31st. Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged by
e-mail. A committee will read and evaluate all papers (full text)
submitted by that date and will return a notice of decision by September
15th. The papers should be sent by email in DOC, RTF, or PDF format to
the following address: p-npmw at univ-nancy2.fr
Whether or not your paper is selected for inclusion on the program, we
hope you will join us for what looks to be an excellent workshop.

Steering Committee: Michael Detlefsen, Jacques Dubucs, Sébastien Gandon,
Gerhard Heinzmann, Jean-Jacques Szczeciniarz

Program Committee: Michael Detlefsen, Marco Panza, Gabriel Sandu, Ivahn
Smadja, Mark van Atten

Local Organizing Committee: Gerhard Heinzmann, Manuel Rebuschi, Olivier
Schlaudt, Frédérick Tremblay, Joseph Vidal-Rosset.

Schedule
May, 5: call for paper
July 31: deadline for submission of papers
September 15: notification of acceptance

Support: Chaire d’excellence (senior) Michael Detlefsen
(http://www.univ-nancy2.fr/poincare/idealsofproof/events.html)

Contact: p-npmw at univ-nancy2.fr

--
IHPST (Paris 1/CNRS/ENS)
13 rue du Four, F-75006 Paris, France

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.