[FOM] JOUAL 2009 Workshop: Last Call For Participation

Hector Zenil hectorz at alumni.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 9 12:13:16 EDT 2009

C A L L      F O R      P A R T I C I P A T I O N
Experiments with emergence in computational
systems modeling spacetime and nature

J O U A L   2 0 0 9   W O R K S H O P
---- Just One Universal Algorithm ----

Pisa, CNR, July 10, 2009

http://fmt.isti.cnr.it/JOUAL2009/

INVITED SPEAKERS

  Stephen Wolfram
  Renate Loll

ROUND TABLE
Experiments with emergence in models of computation: a new kind of
physics?

  V. Benci - Applied Mathematics Dept., Univ. Pisa, I
  H. T. Elze - Physics Dept., Univ. Pisa, I
  R. Loll - Institute for Theoretical Physics, Utrecht Univ., NL
  J. Schmidhuber - IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial
Intelligence, Manno-Lugano, CH
  S. Wolfram - Wolfram Research, USA
  T. Bolognesi (moderator) - CNR/ISTI, Pisa, I

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Andy Adamatzky
        Computer Science Dept., Univ. West England, Bristol, UK
Vieri Benci
        Applied Mathematics Dept., Univ. Pisa, I
Tommaso Bolognesi (coord.)
        CNR/ISTI, Pisa, I
Cristian S. Calude
        Computer Science Dept., Univ. Auckland, NZ
Leone Fronzoni
        Physics Dept., Univ. Pisa, I
Fotini Markopoulou
        Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, CA
Annalisa Marzuoli
        Nuclear and Theoretical Physics Dept., Univ. Pavia, I
Emmanuel Sapin
        Computer Science Dept., Univ. West England, Bristol, UK
Jürgen Schmidhuber
        IDSIA, Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence,
Manno-Lugano, CH
Klaus Sutner
        Computer Science Dept., Carnegie Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh, PA,
USA
Matthew Szudzik
        Computer Science Dept., Carnegie Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh, PA,
USA
Hector Zenil
        Wolfram Research, IHPST (Paris 1 Univ.), LIFL (Lille 1 Univ.), F