[FOM] Paris-Nancy PhilMath Workshop (P-NPMW), October 21-22, 2009, Nancy

Mark van Atten Mark.vanAtten at univ-paris1.fr
Tue Jun 2 04:54:20 EDT 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS

Paris-Nancy PhilMath Workshop (P-NPMW), October 21-22, 2009, Nancy

Next October  (21--22)  a workshop  in  the  philosophy  of mathematics
will  be  held  at  the
University of Nancy 2. The provisional name of the workshop is the
Paris-Nancy PhilMath
Workshop  (P-NPMW).  This  is  envisioned  as  the  first  in  a
continuing,  annual  series  of
workshops organized by a team of scholars from Paris, Nancy and
elsewhere in France. The
two day meeting will feature both invited and contributed talks. The
invited  speakers, who
have confirmed their participation, are:

1.  Harvey Friedman, Dept. of Mathematics, The Ohio State  University
2.  Volker Halbach, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Oxford
3.  Michael Potter, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cambridge
4.  Shahid Rahman, Dept. de Philosophie, Universite Lille 3
5.  Stewart  Shapiro, Dept.  of  Philosophy,  The Ohio  State University
& University  of  St.Andrews
6.  Hourya Sinaceur, Université Paris I/CNRS

There will be five contributed talks (Languages: English/French). We
encourage all interested
persons to submit papers for presentation at the workshop. Presentations
should be no longer
than 45 minutes, with a 30 Min period of discussion to follow each. We
wish to make it clear
that younger scholars, including those working on their PhDs, are
particularly encouraged to
submit papers. The workshop is intended to provide an unusually rich
opportunity for younger
scholars  to  discuss  their  work  with  experts  from  around  the
world.

The  deadline  for submission is July 31st. Receipt of submissions will
be acknowledged by e-mail. A committee
will read and evaluate all papers (full text) submitted by that date and
will return a notice of
decision by September 15th.

The papers should be sent by email in DOC, RTF, or PDF format to the
following address: p-npmw at univ-nancy2.fr

Whether or not your paper is selected for inclusion on the program, we
hope you will join us for what looks to be an excellent workshop.
Steering  Committee: Michael Detlefsen,  Jacques  Dubucs,  Sébastien
Gandon,  Gerhard Heinzmann, Jean-Jacques Szczeciniarz
Program Committee: Michael Detlefsen, Marco Panza, Gabriel Sandu, Ivahn
Smadja, Mark van Atten
Local Organizing Committee: Gerhard Heinzmann, Manuel Rebuschi,  Olivier
Schlaudt, Frédérick Tremblay, Joseph Vidal-Rosset.

Schedule
May, 5: call for paper
July 31: deadline for submission of papers
September 15: notification of acceptance

Support:  Chaire  d’excellence  (senior)  Michael  Detlefsen
(http://www.univ-nancy2.fr/poincare/idealsofproof/events.html)
Contact: p-npmw at univ-nancy2.fr

--
IHPST (Paris 1/CNRS/ENS)
13 rue du Four, F-75006 Paris, France

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.