[FOM] Alain Badiou

Thomas Forster T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 20:23:45 EDT 2009

   I imagine most listmembers who have heard of this chap  share my
suspicions.   Does this chap know enough mathematics for his views
on foundations to be of interest? Or is this just a case of fools
rushing in where angels fear to tread?  However I have recently had
my ear bent by a very able former student of mine who says there is
something in it and i should have a look. Take a squiz at this recent
review of his:

	www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~tf/bat-on-badiou.pdf

  Does anyone have any useful thoughts on this matter..?

            tf

--
DPMMS ph: +44-1223-337981;
UEA ph:  +44-1603-592719