[FOM] paper available: Clone Theory and Algebraic Logic I

zackluo@j4.com zackluo at j4.com
Mon Jul 13 04:41:56 EDT 2009

The paper "Clone Theory and Algebraic Logic I"

is available at

http://www.algebraic.net/cag
(Item 6)

In this paper first-order logic with terms is interpreted in the framework of universal algebra using clone theory. Any first-order language determines a clone of terms and a predicate algebra of formulas over the clone. It is easy to translate the classical treatment of logic into our setting and prove the fundamental theorems of first-order theory algebraically.

Regards,

Zhaohua Luo