[FOM] [CfP] The Games of Logic

Laurent Keiff laurent.keiff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 05:01:34 EST 2009

(Apologies for multiple posting)

======================================
The Games of Logic
A Philosophical Perspective
======================================

Call for Papers

For more than two decades now, each year has seen a growing number of
important results in the emerging field centered on the interactions
between game theory and logic. We feel that it is time for the
philosopher to assess in which ways those results bear on the
fundamental questions of the philosophy of logic. In particular, what
insight have we gained on such central notions as truth, validity,
proof, proposition, form and formality, logicality, etc.
We would thus like to open a series of books that we conceive as a
gathering place where philosophical ideas concerning those topics can be
expressed, scrutinized and confronted. The series will be published by
College Publications (http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/
<http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/>) as a new subseries of the
'Philosophy' series.

We therefore invite submissions related to all aspects of the
philosophical consequences of the interactions between games and logic.
More specific topics include (but are not limited to): game-theoretical
semantics, dialogical logic, ludics, Ehrenfeucht-Fraïssé games,
game-theoretical notions of logical form, game-theoretical notion of
proposition, logical games between semantics and proof theory, games and
modal logic.

The editors, S. Rahman and L. Keiff

________________
Submission details:
________________
Paper should be sent in electronic form to gamesoflogic at gmail.com
<mailto:gamesoflogic at gmail.com>
Authors are strongly encouraged to use LaTeX, using the usual 'article'
document class.
Acceptable formats are (in order of preference): LaTeX (.tex), gereral
text formats (.rtf and .txt), OpenOffice (.odt), Word (.doc).

______________
Important dates:
______________
Paper submission deadline: 15th March 2009
Notification of paper decisions: 31st April 2009
Final version of papers due: 31st May 2009

______________
Editorial Board:
______________
Giacommo Bonanno