[FOM] [CiE] Book Series "Theory and Applications of Computability"

S B Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 5 11:08:49 EST 2009

Dear All

The Association Computability in Europe is currently negotiating with
a leading publisher with the aim of setting up a new book series,
provisionally called "Theory and Applications of Computability". It
is hoped that this book series will provide computability with a high
profile outlet for a range of textbooks, research monographs,
state-of-the-art surveys, and both authored and edited (multi-author)
books, and will come into being within the next year.

A prerequisite for the formal setting up of the book series is the
securing of agreements with prospective authors for the delivery of
books which will get the series off to a good start. We will be
looking for titles which both appeal to a wide readership, and whose
range expresses the cross-disciplinary nature of computability and
the CiE community.

Over the next six months, leading up to the CiE Annual Meeting in
Heidelberg, we expect to invite authors and reviewers to help in
making this series a success. We particularly welcome suggestions for
attractive inaugural titles, and interesting authors, from both
Association CiE members and beyond. Our initial choice will be very
selective, and aim to set a benchmark for quality and appeal
appropriate to this potentially major publishing initiative.

With all best wishes for 2009!

Barry Cooper
for Association CiE

  ASSOCIATION COMPUTABILITY IN EUROPE       http://www.computability.org.uk