[FOM] obscure technical question concerning ZF without choice

Arnold W Miller miller at math.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 6 11:49:06 EST 2009

I am not sure if this question has already been answered.
In
   Gitik, Moti; All uncountable cardinals can be singular. Israel J.
   Math. 35 (1980), no. 1-2, 61--88.
it is shown that there may be no such ordinal \alpha.
I recently wrote a paper on long Borel hierarchies which
has some related results.
see www.math.wisc.edu/~miller/res/longbor.pdf

Arnold W. Miller