[FOM] literature on non-standard models

catarina dutilh cdutilhnovaes at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 11:20:38 EST 2009

Dear all,

I have a masters student who is interested in working on non-standard models, in particular but not exclusively non-standard models of arithmetic and set-theory, and (among other things) on their *philosophical* significance. We've been looking for literature on the topic, but so far we have not encountered that many philosophical discussions of it. For now, he has read Haim Gaifman's piece on non-standard models in the Enayat and Kossak volume on non-standard models, and we are now looking for papers with a similar approach. So I was wondering whether members of the list could suggest literature on non-standard models from a philosophical perspective?

Thank you in advance,

Catarina