[FOM] A question about \omega-consistent theories

steve newberry stevnewb at att.net
Tue Apr 28 14:58:52 EDT 2009

Form new theory PRA+ by adding ~W (the negation of the omega-rule W) to PRA .  Since W has no finite models, ~W has no finite counter-models and is valid on every finite domain, and hence is inductively valid.

Since W + PRA is simply consistent but omega-inconsistent, ~W is not provable in PRA, and hence not true in the standard model of PA.

Steve Newberry