[FOM] Terminating the thread on the ontological argument

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Mon Apr 13 20:13:17 EDT 2009

The editors have asked me to end this thread. One of them wrote:

"I've studied Goedel's version of the ontological argument,
and taught it a couple of times in a modal logic seminar.
In my opinion, it's an argument that has some interest
for students of quantified modal logic, and several logicians
such as Petr Hajek, Dana Scott and Howard Sobel have made
interesting comments about it.

But the present discussion has gone completely off the
rails, so I recommend calling a halt."

So, no more posts on this topic will be accepted.

Martin

                           Martin Davis
                    Visiting Scholar UC Berkeley
                      Professor Emeritus, NYU