[FOM] New Association Computability in Europe formed

S B Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 13:05:02 EDT 2008

After four very successful conferences in Amsterdam in 2005, Swansea in 2006,
Siena in 2007 and Athens in 2008, our community has officially formed the
association

                          Computability in Europe

at the Annual General Meeting at this year's Computability in Europe conference
in Athens.  The object of the Association is to promote the development,
particularly in Europe, of computability-related science, ranging over
mathematics, computer science, and applications in various natural and
engineering sciences such as physics and biology. This also includes the
promotion of the study of philosophy and history of computing as it relates to
questions of computability. A draft constitution of the Association can be
found at

http://www.amsta.leeds.ac.uk/~pmt6sbc/CiE.const.draft.pdf

We invite every researcher interested in the object of the Association to
become a member.  The initial membership fee is set at zero, and lasts until 30
June 2010.

To apply for membership of the Association, please complete and submit the form
at

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/acie/

Any enquiries concerning association CiE membership should be sent to the
Membership Secretary, Arnold Beckmann, at a.beckmann at swansea.ac.uk.

If you are not interested in becoming a member of this Association, we
apologise for any inconvenience caused.

With best regards,
Association Computability in Europe