[FOM] philosophical literature on intuitionism

Thomas Forster T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 18:27:15 EDT 2008

I'm curious to know what the people who dreamt this stuff up actually
thought they were doing.

Where is the best place to start?  Is it Dummett's book? Did Brouwer write
anything one might want to read? I seem to remember there is an essay in
one of the collections (Benacerraf and Putnam?).  One of my colleagues
here says that Intuitionism is really a form of solipsism, and that for an
intuitionist to countenance any kind of interpretation into classical
logic (or vice versa) is to undermine the solipsism and would not be
welcomed by the true believers.  I do remember reading that Brouwer was
hostile to attempts to axiomatise constructive logic..

 Any useful steers?

 --
DPMMS ph: +44-1223-337981;
mobile in UK +44-7887-701-562;