[FOM] Second CFP: LSE

A.S.Virdi@lse.ac.uk A.S.Virdi at lse.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 08:03:18 EDT 2008

Second Call For Papers

Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science
London School of Economics

Graduate Conference 2008

Philosophy of Probability

Friday 27th and Saturday 28th June

Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science announces a Graduate
Conference in the Philosophy of Probability to be held at the London
School of Economics.

We are very pleased to have Professor Donald Gillies (UCL) as our
keynote speaker. We are also very pleased to announce our second keynote
speaker Dr Jon Williamson (Kent).

The conference will commence early on Friday 27th and finish on the
afternoon of Saturday 28th June 2008. Programme details and registration
procedures will be sent out soon and will also become available via the
CPNSS Website <http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/CPNSS/>

Call for papers:

Submissions are invited from graduate students. Papers may be on any
topic within the philosophy of probability, including but not restricted
to interpretations of probability in the social and natural sciences.
Papers should be suitable for presentation in 40 minutes, which will
allow for 20 minutes of discussion time. Abstracts of no more than 500
words should be received by no later than Friday 28th March 2008. Please
send submissions by email (in the body of a message, or as attachments
in plain text, rtf or Microsoft Word format) to Arhat Virdi
(A.S.Virdi at lse.ac.uk). Abstracts will be refereed, and successful
contributors notified by 31st April 2008. Successful contributors may
also apply for help with travel expenses within the UK.