[FOM] Negation's long lost twin?

Lucius Schoenbaum ltsbaum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 04:38:16 EST 2008

Greetings everyone,

I would like to know whether anyone is aware of work (perhaps in the
early days, or perhaps in later days) in which the operator T=>P is
defined.  Of course, someone (was it Gentzen?) defined intuitionistic
negation P=>F.  If one defines NOT(P) in this way, why not define
something, say YES(P), by the corresponding relation?  This invites
the obvious question about what the baldly written proposition P
ought to mean.  Frege's intuition was that an operator is necessary
to transform it into an assertion.  However, my question to FOM is
only whether this appears anywhere in the literature so I can learn
more about it.

My thanks,

Lucius Schoenbaum

-