[FOM] CH and mathematics

joeshipman@aol.com joeshipman at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 16:43:24 EST 2008

Bill,

How about "we'll never know whether busy-beaver(googol), expressed as a
base=10 integer, has an even or odd number of digits?"

(By this I mean the number of 1's output by the
longest-running-but-still-halting-on-blank-input TM in a 2-letter
alphabet and 10^100 states has an even or odd number of digits.)

That's probably unknowable even if 10^100 is replaced by a feasible
number like 10^5.

-- JS