[FOM] Question on the Axiom of Foundation/Regularity

Thomas Forster T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 18:40:24 EDT 2007

Jan,

would you care to tell us why?  I can see how to do it in ZF - foundation
+ DC, but i blush to admit that i can't see how to do it without DC (and
i'm supposed to know about set theory without foundation!).  Why shouldn't
A have a descending R-chain of order type Kappa* where Kappa is the order
type of of On, and is regular?  How does one get a subset with no
R-minimal element out of that?  (perhaps by `ZF' you meant `ZFC'...?)

      puzzled of pmms

--
Home page: www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~tf; dpmms phone +44-1223-337981.
In NZ until october work ph +64-3367001 and ask for extension 8152.