[FOM] 2,3 Turing machine proof controversy

Alexander Smith AIS523 at bham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 12:25:19 EST 2007

The initial condition should always be infinite whether the problem halts or not. The Turing machine that reads it will itself halt if told to emulate more steps than the cyclic tag system itself can run for before halting. There is no need to determine in advance whether or not the cyclic tag system halts.

--
Alex Smith

  _____