[FOM] Schroeder-Bernstein dual.

Robert M. Solovay solovay at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Wed May 30 19:53:31 EDT 2007

Take a model where aleph_1 does not inject into the reals. Let X = the
reals; let Y be the disjoint union of aleph_1 and the reals.

For example, take my model of "All sets Lebesgue measurable". Any variant
of this example has at least the consistency strength of ZFC + " there is
an inaccessible cardinal". I don't know offhand if the inaccessible is
needed for a counterexample to your dual SB thm.

--Bob Solovay