[FOM] Who was Luc Jardie?

William Tait williamtait at mac.com
Wed Jun 6 09:27:42 EDT 2007

A good guess would be Jean Cavailles. He was in the Resistance and wrote
"les Remarques sur la formation de la theorie abstraite des
ensembles" in 1930 and a short monograph entitled "Transfini et
Continu" in the 1940's. They appear in a publication *Philosophie
mathematique* (Hermann, 1962) along with the Cantor-Dedekind
Correspondewnce that he edited with E. Noether.

I think my keyboard will do accents, but I'm too lazy to find out how.

Best, Bill