[FOM] Why inclusive disjunction?

Lucius Schoenbaum ltsbaum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 03:04:26 EST 2007

It might have something to do with the early discovery of the Boolean
structure and the analogy with set union and intersection.  Boole in
an investigation of the laws of thought already has addition for
union, concatenative multiplication for intersection, and gives a
distributive law x(y+z)=xy+xz.

Lucius Schoenbaum