[FOM] FW: Yuri Matiyasevich - 60. Call for papers

Kreinovich, Vladik vladik at utep.edu
Tue Feb 27 00:15:24 EST 2007

Forwarding. Vladik

-----Original Message-----
From: vsemir at pdmi.ras.ru [mailto:vsemir at pdmi.ras.ru]

                                 Sorry for possible cross-posting
Dear Academic Community,

In March 2007  Yuri Matiyasevich  will be 60.  In addition to his
outstanding  scientific  achievements,  Yuri Matiyasevich was the
editor  of  several  issues  of  the  journal  "Zapiski Nauchnykh
Seminarov POMI" ("Notes of Mathematical Seminars of St.Petersburg
Department of V.A.Steklov Institute of Mathematics").  He remains
an active author of our journal until now.

We decided  to devote  the next  issue  of  the journal  to  Yuri
Matiyasevich.  Please  find  the  call  for papers below. We will
grateful  if you  distribute  this  call  for  papers  among your
colleagues.

The deadline is set to May 10, 2007.
******   If you are unable to meet the deadline
******    but  strongly   wish   to  contribute,
please  communicate  a more  appropriate date  and an abstract to
any of the editors at the addresses listed below. We have a tight
schedule for the publication process (see below).

Faithfully yours,
     Anatol Slissenko and Maxim Vsemirnov

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                   Notes of Mathematical Seminars
  of St.Petersburg Department of V.A.Steklov Institute of Mathematics

http://www.pdmi.ras.ru/znsl/index.html

         Subseries:  Studies in Constructive Mathematics
                        and Mathematical Logic.
                             Issue XI

TOPICS.
  Papers (either describing an original research or surveying a topic)
  are  solicited  in  all  areas  related  to  the interests  of  Yuri
  Matiyasevich.  They  include (but not limited to) all aspects of the
  mathematical logic, Diophantine equations and discrete mathematics.

LANGUAGES.
  Submissions can be made either in English or in Russian.

TRANSLATION AND PUBLICATION.
  The issue containing  the original papers will appear in the printed
  form as well as on the Web. English translations (or original papers,
  for papers submitted  in English)  will later appear  in  Journal of
  Mathematical Sciences published by Springer.

SUBMISSION and other contacts.
  Please send your Postscript or PDF file to either of the editors:
      Anatol Slissenko      slissenko at univ-paris12.fr
      Maxim Vsemirnov       vsemir at pdmi.ras.ru

IMPORTANT DATES.
  Submission:                          by May  10, 2007.
  First referee reports:               July-August 2007.
  Revised (final) version if needed:   August-September 2007.
  Final decision:                      October 2007.
  Publication:                         November 2007.