[FOM] Logic and Linguistics

David Auerbach auerbach at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 2 15:46:56 EDT 2007

Which grammar (in the Chomsky hierarchy) works for the language of
first-order logic is sensitive to the specification of language (for
example, how the indexing of the variables is handled). I.e., there's
no such thing as *the* language of first-order logic.  A good source
on this is:

H. Levin - Categorical Grammar and the Logical Form of Quantification,
Bibliopolis, 1982

There may be later stuff.