[FOM] Logic and Linguistics

Thomas Forster T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 15:08:08 EDT 2007

I heard a rumour (from Steve Pulman - now in Oxford) the the language of
predicate calculus is contect-free or context sensitive depending on
something subtle to do with quantifiers: whether or not one allows vacuous
quantification, or possibly whether or not the same variable can be bound
by different quantifiers in distinct subformulae.

  I would be glad to hear from anyone who has the exact details.