[FOM] workshop: Kurt Gödel (Lille, France)

Mark van Atten Mark.vanAtten at univ-paris1.fr
Thu Mar 23 09:37:12 EST 2006

"Kurt Gödel: the writings".
Université Lille III
Maison de la recherche
May 18--20th, 2006
Organisers: Pierre Cassou-Noguès (CNRS, STL) and Mark van Atten (CNRS,
IHPST) pierre.cassou-nogues at univ-lille3.fr, mark.vanatten at univ-paris1.fr

The official languages will be English and French

Conference fee: EUR 10

As Gödel scholars are now becoming increasingly familiar not only with
the texts in the Collected Works but also with the
still unpublished ones in the Archive, we see changes in our
understanding of Gödel's work: his results in logic, the
development of which has now begun to be  traced in much more detail,
but also his philosophical reflections, the full
importance of which is becoming ever clearer. The aim of this workshop
will be to discuss Gödel's writings and to present
and compare different perspectives on the philosophy and career of this
logician. We will study his writings in order
better to understand his intellectual development, his own reflections
on his logical theorems, and, finally, the
concomittant metaphysics that he hoped to develop.

Speakers

G. Crocco (Aix), J. Dawson (Philadelphia), J. Kennedy (Helsinki), S.
Rahman (Lille), J.-M. Salanskis (Paris), W. Sieg (Pittsburg), H.
Sinaceur (Paris), G. Sundholm (Leiden), R. Tieszen (San Jose,
California), A. Visser (Utrecht), P. Cassou-Noguès (Lille), M. van Atten
(Paris)

Student/postdoc grants

Students and young postdocs who wish to attend and participate in the
discussions are invited to compete for three grants
covering expenses of their stay in Lille (unfortunately, we cannot cover
travel expenses). Candidates should send a CV
and a letter motivating their wish to attend and describing their
current research to Pierre Cassou-Noguès:
pierre.cassou-nogues at univ-lille3.fr. The winners will be selected by a
jury consisting of P. Cassou-Noguès, R. Tieszen, J.M.
Salanskis, and M. van Atten. Candidates will be notified of the jury's
decision around April 15.

--
IHPST (Paris 1/CNRS/ENS)
13 rue du Four, F-75006 Paris, France

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.