[FOM] Unknowability of AI?

laureano luna laureanoluna at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 24 05:13:03 EDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 08:24:51 Edward Bonan-Hamada wrote:

  >In your proof you have:
>

  >2. If any correct cognitive behavior C deduces (G'), then (G') is not
>true.
>So, no C correctly deduces (G').
>

>  What is the relationship between C deducing (G')and the truth of
>(G')? It
>seems that one needs a "correctness" theorem here linking a deduction
>by C to
>the truth of (G'

  No, not at all. Remember that C has been defined as a correct cognitive behavior. If (G') has no truth value, then it is not true; if (G') has a truth value, then it says that no C deduces (G'), so that if any C deduces (G'), (G') is false; in any case, (G') is not true; thus it cannot be correctly proven.

  >Also, from what I've read there are different types
>of
>cognition that scientists talk about. Grossberg's (December 2000
>Notices of the
>AMS)work with neural networks is quite different from the cognitive
>linguistic
>level of Lakoff and Nunez (Where Mathematics Comes From). To cloud the
>matter
>even further consider Nisbett, et.al., (Culture and Systems of Thought:
>Holistic
>Versus Analytic Cognition)whose work suggests that there are
>differences in
>cognitive process that are culturally driven.

  I really do not see how this can affect my argument. Could you explain it?

  Best regards,

  Laureano Luna Cabañero

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com