[FOM] Could spacetime be discrete?

Steven Ericsson Zenith steven at semeiosis.com
Sun Jan 15 19:49:12 EST 2006

I think Richard's point is that the assumption of a minimum length is
problematic.  Special relativity does in fact say something about the
micro-world because minimum measure at any degree suggests contiguous
lengths are absolute not relative (i.e., the ruler in Einstein's thought
experiments would end up as an absolute length).

Minimum length for Einstein would have to be a universal relative, not a
universal constant.

With respect,
Steven