[FOM] Are (C,+) and (R,+) isomorphic?

Robert M. Solovay solovay at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Feb 21 04:48:14 EST 2006

In my model for "All sets Lebesgue measurable" the two groups are not
isomorphic. As I recall the proof goes along the following lines: 1)
(Shown in my paper) every set in R or C has the property of Baire; 2)
(classical as I recall) this implies every map from C to R which is linear
is continuous.

Caution: I haven't stopped to reconstruct the proof of 2) just now.

 	--Bob Solovay