[FOM] Is Godel's Theorem surprising?

Charles Silver silver_1 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 10 09:19:37 EST 2006

	First, thanks very much for all the interesting  and enlightening
	Diagonalization is not central to Godel's (first) theorem, as shown
by Kripke's proof of G's theorem that was published by Putnam, which
does not *require* diagonalization.
	I believe this proof also shows--please correct me if I'm wrong--
that a specifically *mathematical* proposition (though an unusual
one) cannot be proved nor can its negation.

Charlie