[FOM] 23 syllables

Bill Greenberg wgreenb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 23:00:11 EST 2006

Take (1,2,) as premises,

1) Des('Het', Het) <-> Het=Het                                   Premise
2) -(G)(Des('Het',G) <-> Het=G)                                 Premise

We then have the following:

3) Des('Het', Het)        				                                 1
4) (EG)-(Des('Het',G) <-> Het=G))      			                    2
5) -(Des('Het',G) <-> Het=G)                                        		4,EI
6) (Des('Het',G) & -Het=G) v (Het = G & -(Des('Het',G))       5
7) -(Het = G & -(Des('Het',G))
         3, Leibniz's Law
8)  Des('Het',G) & -Het=G
          6,7
9)  Des('Het', Het) & Des('Het',G) & -Het=G                           2,8

Do you accept (9)?  If not, which of (1,2) is false?

Best regards,
WIlliam J. Greenberg