[FOM] Re: Constructive Arithmetical Truth is Pi-1-1 Complete

Dmytro Taranovsky dmytro at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 25 18:31:47 EDT 2005

A paper on constructive arithmetical truth is now available at
http://web.mit.edu/dmytro/www/ConstructiveTruth.htm

A question for discussion is:
Is what I define truly the constructive arithmetical truth?

In my definition, I do not think I had a choice of how to satisfy the
requirements for constructive truth, but perhaps someone thinks
differently.

The requirements I think are that the logical symbols have in so far as
possible their ordinary meaning, that the language can be extended with
new predicates, and that the broader the notion of constructiveness, the
easier it is for a claim to be constructively true.

Dmytro Taranovsky