[FOM] rapid-fire exchange of messages

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Wed Oct 12 16:56:35 EDT 2005

Dear subscribers,

Once again the technology leaps ahead of reasonable controls: it is a good
thing that the Internet permits rapid exchanges of ideas, but ,,,

It is not unusual when B replies to a message posted by A to send copies of
the reply both to FOM and to A. Then, often, A shoots off a stunning
rejoinder to B, and sends it to FOM as well. Meanwhile, I have to consider
whether B's message is suitable for posting on FOM. If not, I can't post
A's rejoinder to it either.

Suggestion: Please wait until you see a message actually posted on FOM
before you send FOM a reply to it.

Thank you,
Martin