[FOM] question about Boolean algebras

Robert Black Mongre at gmx.de
Fri May 27 05:03:11 EDT 2005

See Peter T. Johnstone - *Stone Spaces* (CUP 1982), the introductory
section entitled 'Stone's Theorem in historical perspective.'. Tarski
and Lindenbaum proved in 1935 that a boolean algebra is isomorphic to
the algebra of all subsets of some set if and only if it is complete
and atomic.

Robert

--
This mail is coming from my gmx address because I am currently off
campus, but you can reply to my usual <Robert.Black at nottingham.ac.uk>

Robert Black
Dept of Philosophy
University of Nottingham