[FOM] alleged Hilbert quote

Vladik Kreinovich vladik at cs.utep.edu
Tue May 10 22:31:17 EDT 2005

While Hilbert probably never said that math is a meaningless game with symbols,
ths spirit of this phrase is somewhat similar to a famous actual citation from
Hilbert's Intro to his Foundations of Geometry:

"One must be able to say at all times -- instead of points, straight lines, and
planes -- tables, beer mugs, and chairs."