[FOM] Solomon Feferman's response to "Predicativity beyond Gamma_0"

Nik Weaver nweaver at dax.wustl.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:28:31 EST 2005

Some time ago I posted a paper, "Predicativity beyond Gamma_0", in
which I argued that existing analyses of predicative reasoning were
fundamentally flawed and that a more careful analysis showed that
predicativism is proof-theoretically significantly stronger than was
previously thought.

Solomon Feferman, whose work comes under a great deal of criticism
in my paper, has written a detailed critique, and I have written a
comprehensive response to this critique.  With his permission, I
have posted both messages on my web page.  They are available at:

http://www.math.wustl.edu/~nweaver/conceptualism.html

Nik Weaver
Math Dept.
Washington University