[FOM] Arithmetic-free theory of formal systems?

Steven Ericsson-Zenith steven at memeiosys.com
Tue May 18 03:30:00 EDT 2004

> Lisp lists are better for expressing symbolic information than
> strings.

Do you mean this from the point of view of a member of our species or
a computer's point of view - which I take to be distinct.

Certainly parsing the Lisp expression is easier mechanically and for
the blind person perhaps (for example, one in a chinese room).

However, the  visual symmetry provided by conventional notation would
appear to have some aesthetic merit over Lisp notation or RPN and thus
it aids that thing computers continue to miss - the experience of it.
And therein, ultimately, lies comprehension and invention.

With respect,
Steven