[FOM] Some Mathematical Case Studies in ProofPower-HOL

Rob Arthan rda at lemma-one.com
Tue May 4 17:06:11 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I have some case studies in formalising pure mathematics in
ProofPower-HOL that may be of interest to FOM people. I have just added
a document on group theory that deals with some general problems with
practical formalisations of abstract algebraic theories.

The case studies are available on the web as PDF documents and in
ProofPower source format at:

	http://www.lemma-one.com/ProofPower/examples/examples.html

I'd be very interested in any comments on these case studies,
particularly on the group theory, which is where I have felt most
strongly that the traditional explication of pure mathematics in set
theory needs adjusting to work well in practice (formally or
informally).

Regards,

Rob.