[FOM] Mill on Aristotle and Euclid

Robert Black Mongre at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 03:58:09 EST 2004

It's a bit later than MIll  and I don't have it with me to check the
details, but you'll find versions of euclidean proofs in syllogisms
in Ueberweg's 'System der Logik und Geschichte der Logischen Lehren
'of 1857. The technique used to create the illusion of having done
this is basically one which was once explained to me by a Dominican
friar who used to conduct performances of medieval disputationes. In
his words: 'You can get anything into Barbara'.

Robert

--
PS I'm sending this from my gmx address because I'm currently in
Berlin, but you can reply to my usual <Robert.Black at nottingham.ac.uk>